An Early Frost 1985


This TV movie about AIDS resonated in 1985. It resonates more today because of similarities with the Covid response. 

I remember well. I turned 20 in 1984. I thought the hysteria would drive gays back in the closet. Instead they came out in a wave. Pride marches came to my sleepy home town.

My ex-boyfriend died of AIDS. We had lots of unsafe sex when I was 17 to 18. He had a new book of crazy words. Wordplay together is extremely romantic. He caught HIV after we broke up. He was a year older than me. He died at age 25.

While so many were outed by cause of death, I went into the closet. Into the military. I would get laid once or twice a year while on leave. My West Point cadet romance was '85 to '88. We hooked up 4 or 5 times total.

Since I finished college and returned to civilian life, I've dated a few pos guys. One I was close to until he died. We practiced safe sex. I was willing to take a chance because I'm a demi-sexual. I need an emotional connection to have a sexual connection. I'm attracted to the person inside the body.

When I was senior in high school, I was a bottom. I felt my heart was being used & abused. A decade later, after my celibate phase, I became a top to command more respect. It worked. I also thought it would reduce chances of catching HIV. That's silly. If bottoms catch it from tops, then tops must catch it from bottoms.

I met my current boyfriend in 2004. Twice we tested negative for HIV. Then again in 2022. 

I feel like George Washington. As he dodged so many bullets in so many battles. Holes in his uniform. Musket balls whizzing inches from his face. So have I dodged the AIDS bullet in so many hookups. Grace to God.

... Inspirational Quote...

"If he once meant something to you, he still does."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where My Heart Belongs

Lap Dance In Toronto

New Love Blog