Occupying Ed


Sometimes a gay person is the last one to know he's gay. This movie takes that idea to an extreme. 

In this case the closeted Ed has a multiple personality. His drag queen alter ego Helena is taking over. Much as a person slowly accepts being gay. Everybody knows Helena except Ed himself.

Ed is super cute, sexy, vulnerable, emotional. His (Christopher Sams) incredible acting kept me watching the entire film. I was disappointed in Helena's brief appearance at the end. Partly because I'm gay. Partly because I fell in love with Ed. 

In real life I know a similar situation. David became Sophia. He crossdresses fulltime and has a girlfriend.

In my relationship I watched my boyfriend become full-time gay. Then I watched him crossdress more and more. Until he went out in drag for Halloween on a date with me this year to a gay bar.

I remember when I was younger, I dated a couple transvestites. I was embarrassed to be seen in public. Times have changed. I've changed. 

I would marry Ed or Helena. And proudly walk down Main Street holding hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where My Heart Belongs

Lap Dance In Toronto

New Love Blog