That Is All


First kiss was around minute 59:00 it's an artsy low budget film. I've been on both sides of the love equation. I loved him more and he loved me more. In both cases it broke my heart. 

Both Sam & Ryan are cheating. Sam on his boyfriend. Ryan is cheating on his own heart. I've had to say no to toxic relationships that got out of hand. But I thought this was a healthy relationship... except for the cheating. 

The movie resonated with me as I'm dating a married man who has Ryan's concerns. I'm more like Sam except single. You have to accept what your partner has to offer. Respect limits. Wait until he's ready. It will pay off.

Ryan is cheating on his own heart. He's taking a break from being straight. He likes the attention and affection. But he doesn't want it to be permanent. So he fools around with a guy attached to someone else. During sex Ryan thinks about girls.

Why did Sam & Ryan fall in love? They spent too much time together. Too much sex. General rule: After a few dates casual becomes serious. 

Sam was too needy & demanding. True love will come back to you. It's hard to let it go. But Sam is already in a relationship. So it's less difficult for Ryan to break it off when it gets too serious. Yet equally heart-breaking.

A theme in the film: Secret love craves public outings. They look like a gay couple. One is afraid of being outed. The other doesn't care. It's a mixed signal that the closeted partner craves going out in public with you. Then he feels guilty that someone might have taken notice. A quirk you have to live with.

I may watch the film again. I feel I might get more out of it the second time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where My Heart Belongs

Lap Dance In Toronto

New Love Blog