Your Serenade


What shall I do 
With all these love poems
About you?

Plenty of kissing
But something's missing
Is it simple semantics?
Call them lyrics of love songs

Dammit! I need a guitar
A chorus for rhapsody
A solo for melody
Your attention wherever you are

What happened to my old guitar?
I sold it for gas money
Two winters ago
To bring me back to my honey

I didn't know I would be so inspired
To write so many love songs
Now all I need is music
To set your heart on fire

Maybe a gay music video
As common as kittens on a patio

You can watch my serenade
Somewhere on the internet
Anytime night or day
So can I and anyone else

But only you and I will know
The true secret of the songs
You are my inspiration
This is your serenade

Music and lyrics
There's nothing to it
Most people will hear a love song
But we will know the secret

You were the inspiration
This is your serenade
You are the only reason
This love song was made

You are the inspiration
This is your serenade
Just wait til I get a guitar
And play your love song 
To your face and to your heart

You are the only reason
These love songs were made
You are my inspiration
This is your serenade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where My Heart Belongs

Lap Dance In Toronto

New Love Blog