Bottom Of A Bottle Of Beer


You're the last one
I thought I'd see here
At the bottom of a bottle of beer
I was trying to forget about us
Have I hit rock bottom?
Here at the bottom of a bottle of beer

I jumped into my truck
Eyes filled up with tears
When we broke up 
So many weeks ago

Now I'm drinking beer by the bottle
Blinded by beer goggles
I thought I was hallucinating
Just a little bit intoxicated

I thought I hit rock bottom
When I saw you in a pretty dress
Thru the bottom of a bottle of beer
Your dress walked over towards me

Maybe we can start over
Maybe I can get sober
You started talking to me
At the bottom of a bottle of beer

When we broke up 
I was so hurt
I jumped into my pickup truck
Slammed my boot on the throttle
My eyes filled up with tears
I drove to the nearest pub
For a bottle 

That's where I've been living
Since I hit rock bottom
Forever lost without your loving
At the bottom of a bottle of beer

You said you thought
You'd never see me again
I was so surprised
When you walked in

I saw you thru 
The bottom of a bottle of beer
You said your bed is a lot softer
Than the rock bottom

Tonight you can come on over
Tomorrow you can get sober
Or keep on drinking
In this crowded pub
Called Rock Bottom

Lonely at the bottom of a bottle of beer
We can try to love again
But I have to move away from here
And I have to get sober

Your house is a lot nicer
Than the bottom of a bottle of beer
At least for tonight
Let's get out of here

I was living rock bottom
At the bottom of a bottle of beer
Now I'm sleeping on a soft bed
I got sober and cleared my head

Today I stopped living rock bottom
At the bottom of a bottle of beer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where My Heart Belongs

Lap Dance In Toronto

New Love Blog